Tuesday, June 2

Being a Morning Person

Hey!

I have recently been loving mornings, and I know that a lot of people hate mornings with a passion, but I don’t. Here’s why:
In the mornings I have the feeling that the whole day lies ahead of me, and there are endless possibilities. I am a lot more motivated in the mornings than in the afternoons, where I often find myself binge-watching “Friends”, oops. But this is what I do in the mornings to make sure I will have an amazing day:
I get up (when I don’t have school) at about 8am, sometimes earlier, sometimes later; it depends on my bedtime the night before.
I have quite an obsession with sunrises.
I have a quick shower and get dressed. Then I make myself a healthy and yummy breakfast, such as porridge with fresh fruit, bread with squashed banana, fruit-muesli or, if I want something that needs a bit more preparation but is gloriously satisfying, banana pancakes. I also have a recipe for a quick little breakfast I end up making more and more often, which includes fruit, yoghurt and oats, which I will be posting soon.
When I have had breakfast, out on the terrace in the sun is the best place for that, I will do my teeth and my makeup and get rid of some chores or homework that need to be done.
I also often set aside some time to read, write, go for a walk or just think. Sometimes I will do 20-30 minutes of cardio in the mornings as well.
All these things make my mornings the perfect start to the day and ensure that I feel relaxed and ready to manage anything. I am also trying to fit at least a part of this into my schoolday mornings, so I have more energy during school.


Disclaimer: Of course I don’t do this every morning. Sometimes I sleep till 11 and lie around for hours. But I try to make my mornings like this, so I thought I’d share that with you.

So, are you a morning person? Or did you find any of these things helpful for becoming one? Why don’t you let me know in the comment section below?
If you would like any new blog post of mine to appear in your reading list, please add my blog. You can also share this post on all your social media, and I would highly appreciate that.


Thanks and Byyyeeeeee!

5 comments:

  1. Ah, I am not really a morning person. It is easier for me to stay up late than get up early. But I absolutely love the idea of getting up and trying to make a good start for a new day. I try so hard to get up early, I just can't, somehow.
    This one time I was obsessed with watching daybreak, I stayed up all night till 5 so I could catch a glimpse of the morning sun, but fell asleep immediately afterwards and got up at 12 pm. :P

    But maybe I'll try hard tomorrow morning. Get up, make tea, have breakfast, go for a walk. Sounds fun.

    Your blog is amazing. I enjoyed reading it! And do write a how-to-make-banana-pancakes post.

    Love,
    Saee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks so much!

      I was obsessed with watching sunrises as well, so I set an alarm for 5:30 on a really cold winter morning and walked around for an hour or something, trying to find a good place to see the sunrise. I did, in the end, and took some pretty good photos.

      My blog is amazing? Have you actually ever looked at yours? It's so well written like omg, I am so so so jealous!

      Love

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mornings where I don't have to rush. I can't rush, rushing turns me into a grumpy hurried lady. Mornings where you can sit and watch the sunset with a cup of tea, are simply the best.
    Vanessa
    simplyperfectme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, rushing is not a good way to start the day, you're right

      Delete