Saturday, July 11

Work Experience

Hello everyone!


I am currently not in school, because doing my work experience! I enjoy not having to go to school and i have done some pretty cool things, but it's quite boring at the moment. I don't have very much to do, and while the people are nice, I don't want to be pestering them all the time asking what I can do.

But all in all it is an experience which I wouldn't want to miss.
I didn't really know how much there is that you don't learn in school, but that is vital for work. Technical stuff, social stuff. Things that you will need everyday. But yay, I know the anatomy of a snail off by heart...

Of course, what they teach in school is important, but I think some things are really not worth learning, while others are painfully important and are not taught.

What do you think? Is there anything that you find we should learn at school that we don't? Let me know in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. Work experience is compulsory for people in my grade at my school, and at the end of this year we have to spend a week doing it. I'm aiming for a placing at the hospital, because idk maybe medicine interests me? Where's your placement?

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked for three weeks at a local radio station. Some friends of mine went to a hospital and they really learned something from it

      Delete
  2. Everything we learn at school is, of course, important, but some things you can't learn there. The world outside the school walls remains a mystery for the most part, yet that's what we have to deal with every single day of our lives. You may read about it in textbooks, but it's never the same in real life. How would you teach things like 'responsibility' and 'dealing with rejection'? You won't know what's out there unless you explore the outside world yourself. Great post, Booksballetphotos :) Really thought-provoking!

    Xx

    Morgana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Morgana!
      Everytime i see one of your comments i am really amazed by your ability to always get to the core of something with your words. What you say is always exactly true and said amazingly.

      Delete
  3. I was in a kind of school completely focused on getting us into a prestigious university and we never had to do anything like an internship or work experience. Now I wish I had some kind of work experience though...
    I wish school taught us how to write a resumé, dealing with insurances and stuff like that. There are so many scary and official looking forms you have to fill in when you turn 18 in the Netherlands :P School should've prepared me for that.
    Great post!

    x Envy
    Picking up the Pieces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am quite scared of turning eighteen and being confronted with all of these scary things. Those are things that are really important in later life, amd i have no idea of

      Delete